Manager, Advertising Trafficking
New York, NY
Posted Feb 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 100826
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, television, radio, print and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
The Advertising Trafficking Team Lead will take on a true cross-platform role within our fast paced advertising operations organization and will contribute to the end-to-end execution of advertising campaigns across digital, television, audio, print, programmatic, and terminal platforms, focusing on client performance and optimization. Success will be defined by leveraging synergies between teams, partnering cross-functionally with sales, planning, ad product, editorial and the broader ad operations team to drive engagement and revenue.
As the leader of this team, a qualified candidate will have the opportunity to use their unique blend of technical proficiency, analytical approach, organizational skills and creative problem solving to bring media solutions to life and ensure client success. In their day to day role, this individual will serve as a player/coach, working across television, mobile/desktop web, mobile applications, video & connected devices to traffic creative, troubleshoot problems, manage campaign delivery and report results for client advertising on Bloomberg owned & operated and off-platform properties. This person will also engage across pricing & inventory, ad performance, marketing, product and engineering teams to launch new ad experiences, build creative for clients and project manage high impact units.
WE WILL TRUST YOU TO:
- Coach and mentor a strong team of traffickers through campaign delivery and account management, with an eye towards performance and optimization
- Serve as a thought-leader for our trafficking team, drawing heavily on a strong pulse on the industry and command of our metrics and goals
- Define and consistently measure quantifiable success for the team
- Provide outstanding customer service for internal partners and external clients/agencies, working consultatively to foster understanding and adoption of industry best practices
- Drive workflow and communication with cross-functional partners in sales, marketing and planning to ensure timelines are met and campaigns have successful outcomes
- Create strong connections with our product, data, content and audience teams, along with editorial and engineering to develop powerful innovations that surprise and delight our users and advertisers
- Proactively ensure sales and operations teams are educated on new and innovative strategies; continually inspire teams to set a higher standard strategically, creatively and operationally
- Traffic and maintain ad campaigns on Bloomberg's multi-media owned & operated platforms and off-platform, ensuring deal terms are met including delivery rates, start and end date, reporting requirements, viewability expectations, etc
- Collaborate with ad product, ad performance and planning teams to understand client critical metrics and how we can use Bloomberg assets to drive success
- Build custom ad experiences with internal and external partners, from client kick off calls through QA and launch
- QA campaign creative for spec compliance and proper functionality
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in digital trafficking, television trafficking or programmatic operations, preferably on the buy-side
- An understanding of television and radio advertising, programming and structure
- Articulate and comfortable speaking with diverse audiences, including sales and clients, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions on the spot
- Strong time management skills to ensure we are effectively handling requests and deadlines both internally and externally
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively while maintaining attention to detail and multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding technical acumen and experience with advertising systems and a thorough understanding of advertising performance metrics.
- Experience working in Google Ad Manager as well as with third party ad servers (DV360, Sizmek, Flashtalking, Celtra, etc) and ad-verification vendors (Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify, MOAT, etc)
- Understanding of Excel, including the ability to create and use pivot tables.
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our careers website! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.