Managing Editor - Employee Communications Platforms
New York, NY
Posted Jan 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 99540
Bloomberg gives influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology.
Our Corporate Communications mission is to build and maintain belief with the people who matter the most to Bloomberg. In Employee Communications, we collaborate across teams to help engage and connect employees across the company as well as create content and messages to help attract, retain, and inspire top talent. We do this by developing, curating, and delivering relevant and interesting content that is distributed across our digital platforms and channels globally.
We are seeking an experienced, driven communications professional to manage editorial strategy across employee communications channels including our employee intranet, newsletters and related internal and external corporate communications platforms.
The role will report to the Head of Digital Platforms & Innovation and will be based out of our headquarters in New York. .
We'll Trust You To:
- Devise and execute strategies to tell Bloomberg's global story as an innovator, a financial technology and information leader, an influential media brand and a company that drives impact through philanthropy.
- Collaborate regionally and globally across Bloomberg’s External Relations function (encompassing Corporate Communications, Marketing, Government Relations, Philanthropy and Corporate Affairs) to communicate business and cultural initiatives that build belief in the Bloomberg brand.
- Manage editorial standards across digital channels and platforms for employee news, newsletters, planning, as well as maintaining the editorial voice across multiple channels both internal and external.
- Generate and assign original editorial content and manage an editorial calendar that supports departmental and company objectives.
- Spot and assign opportunities for editorial content across multimedia (photography, audio, video, text, etc)
- Measure success and report back to stakeholders.
- Understand and keep on top of internal company news, changes, executive, and strategic updates.
- Innovate and iterate on how communications is delivered to employees.
You'll need to have:
- Excellent written, editorial and verbal communication skills.
- At least 7 years of related experience in corporate or employee communications, or as a newsroom or digital platforms editor.
- The ability to translate complex subjects into simple, impactful messages and narratives that translate across traditional and social media platforms.
- Strategic, creative thinking skills with an ability to tell stories and take complex and interesting subject matters to share with out employee population
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to influence persuade and inspire others.
- Experience leading diverse, cross-functional projects in a fast-paced corporate or newsroom environment.
- The ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively and balance competing demands.
- Strong decision-making, prioritisation and project management skills.
- A critical eye for detail.
- A desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative and diverse environment.
- Working knowledge or multimedia production, social media platforms and digital newsletter creation.
- Your writing samples so please add them as part of your application process
- A collaborative self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment?
We'd Love to see:
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we are a good match! We will get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.