Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. By connecting thousands of content providers with hundreds of thousands of customers, we create a smart and efficient means to exchange information. The team is comprised of several groups focused on: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure.
As a Market Data Rights Management Product Manager, you will formulate and deliver end-to-end technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. You will need to understand how market data is used by various Bloomberg products and customers in order to collaborate with stakeholders and implement enterprise wide initiatives. You will leverage technology to continuously improve our products and devise innovate solutions in our dynamic and fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enterprising individual to join our team in New York focusing on market data distribution compliance and rights management. You will be responsible for handling thousands of 3rd party data content sources- each with unique data usage and distribution policies. You're an experienced professional who is familiar with market data provider policies, such as entitlement and reporting. You love building relationships and working seamlessly across business lines to understand how different Enterprise products use our data. You'll be instrumental in leading a successful market data strategy within Bloomberg.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand market data and technology in order to develop strategies to influence and direct the future direction of Bloomberg's 3rd party data infrastructure
- Use technology in order to improve product and implement data strategy
- Effectively manages cross-functional teams and prioritization of concurrent projects from start to finish
- Consider various use cases for our data and devise optimal solutions
- Formulate budgets for work and resources
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand their business needs; build consensus and strategies to deliver on those needs
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Effectively communicate progress and success to stakeholders in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
- Develop and deliver reports & requirements documentation
- Building a rapport with programmers - keeping them focused and projects moving
You’ll need to have:
- 5 or more years as a Product Manager working with technical teams in relevant industry
- Previous market data, data vendor, or enterprise data management experience
- Market Data Rights experience/knowledge of market data redistribution policies; compliance, contracts, and rights management
- Collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic thought leadership, and strong communication skills with a comfort in crafting and delivering presentations
- An Entrepreneurial mind-set and desire to be a flexible team player
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with engineering, sales, product and support
- Ability to execute a business plan while remaining responsive to changing conditions
- Ability to be hands on in multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
We’d love to see:
- Understanding of the financial markets, in particular sell-side content distribution
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Finance or Computer Science
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.