Market Research Manager - 1 Year Contract
New York, NY
Posted Apr 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 74762
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance. Encompassing news, data, information and technology – Bloomberg is a global powerhouse that moves in real time. Our core business revolves around a suite of products and solutions we provide to financial and business professionals known as the Bloomberg Professional Services, referred to internally as Financial Products.
The Bloomberg Studio is Bloomberg's global in-house creative, digital, content, and brand group. We work on programs for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast. Our team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to idea development, design and content. We move fast to solve problems and deliver smart ideas. Our production team ensures ideas are realized to world-class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out projects both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
Bloomberg's Marketing Group is looking for an experienced hands-on Market Research Manager, reporting to the Global Head of Customer Insights. You will be responsible for managing quantitative and qualitative research programs to support Bloomberg's brands and the revenue goals of Bloomberg businesses. We will trust you to lead all aspects of primary research, including development of insights to inform strategy and programs. Typical research projects that you will work on include: audience surveys, concept testing, customer journey, product development, positioning/messaging, segmentation, brand tracking, etc.
What You Will Do:
- Work with key stakeholders to understand their business, their markets, audiences and objective in order to provide insights that inform business initiatives and drive growth
- Recommend appropriate research design & methodology, and lead both internal and external resources needed to execute studies
- Design questionnaires & sample framework, handle fieldwork, conduct analysis, write up/present results
- Use research to enhance understanding of customer and prospect behavior, needs, preferences and attitudes
- Translate insights into recommended actions to support product management, sales and marketing programs
- Present research insights in a compelling and actionable format to facilitate implementation of results and stimulate future demand for research
- Champion research-based insights among key stakeholders, and build a base of knowledge that grows in value over time
- Participate as a member of the Bloomberg Studio in cross-functional initiatives
- Develop an understanding of Bloomberg’s products/services, how they perform, and their value for clients
You Will Need to Have:
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on research, working closely with clients to meet business needs
- Extensive hands-on quantitative and qualitative research experience (not just vendor management)
- Experience in supporting global B2B marketing and sales organizations
- Broad business insight; experience in and knowledge of Financial services industry and enterprise-level products/services
- Strong analytical skills, and expertise in advanced multivariate research design and analysis, e.g., segmentation, customer journey, forced-choice analyses
- Adept at SPSS (e.g., manipulate data, analysis) and Excel (pivot tables, look-up tables, etc.)
- The ability to think fast, act thoughtfully, produce quickly, and lead multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Track record of success working in and influencing a fast-paced global organization
- Demonstrated ability to present research results in a compelling and creative visual way; adept at PowerPoint, and ideally data visualization tools such as Tableau, Sisense
- Experience adapting and responding to numerous stakeholders; the capability to take on very loosely defined problems, creating clarity, building trust, and guiding stakeholders through the process
- MBA or advanced degree in social science, business and/or market research preferred
- Focus group moderating experience is desirable
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.