New York, NY
Posted Aug 28, 2019 - Requisition No. 76951
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news and data investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Media's overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg's core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business. Bloomberg Digital (Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg News App) is at the centerpiece of that strategy - providing factual, credible, authoritative, lightning-fast journalism for a global business audience.
In May 2018, we launched a paywall on both Bloomberg.com and the app and are quickly working to build a growing paid subscriber base. A key focus area for 2019 and 2020 is to continue out incredible growth in acquiring and retaining subscribers.
The Consumer Subscription Business, within Bloomberg Media group, is seeking a proven, highly-motivated marketer to develop and execute innovative strategies to scale paid subscriptions through email, our website and third party marketing channels. You will be responsible for developing new marketing strategies across owned and partner channels that pull prospects through the marketing funnel, drive engagement, and ultimately paid subscription revenue. You will work closely with external vendors and internal stakeholders to build thoughtful and effective marketing programs to meet our aggressive business goals.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and execute thoughtful strategies, communication plans and campaigns to drive subscription acquisition and retention
- Develop test and learn plans across channels to ensure execution of brand and financial goals.
- Manage and maintain email marketing programs; test creative, content, copy and frequency to drive business goals
- Manage and develop third party distribution platforms such as Apple News and Google News.
- Continuously analyze campaign effectiveness and allocate investment dollars to the highest ROI opportunities; evaluate results in the context of broader business goals, and make recommendations on how to move the business forward
- Develop clear and informative reporting; strategically communicate results and recommendations to leadership
- Collaborate closely with internal partners including product, technologies, analytics, editorial, design, marketing, etc. to gain support to implement new initiatives
- Provide support to teammates through maintenance of existing marketing programs and assistance in development of new campaigns
You'll need to have:
- 2-5 years of experience in a digital marketing role.
- Experience building, managing, optimizing, reporting and analyzing marketing campaigns.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and use data to drive decision-making.
- Prior experience crafting and implementing disruptive marketing strategies and programs to drive brand differentiation and break through the clutter.
- An understanding of how media is consumed in today’s world and how we can create added value to drive engagement with our products.
- Collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and flexible team player.
- Experience email marketing platforms preferred.
Strategic thought leadership, and strong communication skills with a comfort in crafting and delivering presentations.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.