Marketing and Media Sourcing Manager
New York, NY
Posted Mar 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 102116
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement to cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the Role?
You are passionate about being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for a Sourcing Manager to join its US Team based in New York.
As a Sourcing Manager, you will lead sourcing projects for our Marketing, Media, PR/Comms, and News business units. You will build and manage relationships with our internal stakeholders and the agencies and suppliers who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole US region. You will need to show a good understanding of procurement principles, excellent customer service skills, and an eye for detail.
We'll Trust You To:
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and key agencies/suppliers to understand their businesses and needs
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the procurement strategy
- Engage stakeholders across various business units and/or geographies to support in aligning their objectives and overcome internal obstacles
- Work with cross-BU stakeholders and sourcing teams to ensure "One Bloomberg" approach to common suppliers
- Develop sourcing strategies and manage a robust sourcing pipeline
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Understand the internal and external environment for the goods/services required by your stakeholders
- Communicate the impact of market changes and potential effects on suppliers to stakeholders
- Articulate the dynamics of the relationships between Bloomberg and key suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms with key agencies/suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders as appropriate
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Support change management initiatives
- Ensure adherence to the purchasing policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Help develop or update purchasing policies as needed
- Provide guidance on the sourcing and purchasing process to stakeholders
- Respond to Stakeholder requests in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
- Support regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc. as necessary
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in strategic sourcing roles
- Customer Service skills, including issue resolution, problem solving, timely delivery, ownership of tasks, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder engagement abilities
- Good project management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent supplier management skills
- Very good familiarity with E-Sourcing and contract management tools
- Ability to gather, analyze, and report on internal and external data to drive sourcing insights and decisions
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional environment with multiple levels of stakeholders
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated application of negotiation and purchasing principles
- Knowledge of international trade terms
- Applied knowledge of Regulatory/Compliance contracting
- SAP or other ERP systems knowledge
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.