Markets Live Macro Strategist
New York, NY
Posted Oct 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 96446
You have an eye for the news that matters for markets, and the skill to translate what it means for macro investors. You will join the Markets Live team in New York, where you will take cues from macroeconomic and policy trends and turn them into actionable market insights. You will contribute data-based analysis across asset classes and collaborate with our team of bloggers, as well as the broader newsroom, to further raise the bar of our markets coverage. You will be encouraged to look beyond your own market contacts and knowledge to identify contributors across the newsroom who can deliver insights from their respective areas of expertise, keeping your finger on the pulse of what gets our clients buzzing.
Bloomberg News is looking for a global macro strategist/editor to join its Markets Live team. Responsibilities will include providing written commentary for Bloomberg's cross-asset blog, editing colleagues' contributions and promoting the team's work both internally and externally. The position requires a keen grasp of financial markets and their interconnections, the ability to recognize and comment on market-moving news, the analytical skills to look beyond immediate headlines and identify underlying shifts and trends, and experience in writing clean copy under pressure.
We work hard, and we work fast -- while maintaining the quality and accuracy we're known for. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We’ll trust you to:
- Exercise excellent news judgment
- Provide macro markets commentary for Bloomberg's Markets Live blog
- Look beyond immediate headlines and identify underlying themes and shifts in global markets
- Write and edit with authority and flair in English
- Be collaborative
- Have the ability to tap a varied pool of market contacts and analysis tools to shape ideas and commentary on significant trends
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience analysing or writing about global asset markets
- Experience of working in a City environment or real-time news organization
- Strong work ethic and communication skills, team player, ability to work calmly under pressure
- Familiarity with Bloomberg terminal functions (preferred)
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.