Master Control Operator (Part-Time Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 75532
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is looking for an individual who is focused, flexible, and proficient in several aspects of broadcast operations within a 24 hour live news environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Monitor and maintain the continuity of content airing on the Bloomberg network.
- Coordinate inbound and outbound transmissions, as well as manage transmissions vendors
- Manage Video/Audio compression codecs, web streaming and transmission technologies
- Colour correct feeds, and operate audio/video routing systems
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of colour correcting feeds.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Previous experience as a Master Control Operator is preferred.
- Experience with Satellite, Fiber and IP technologies. Live U knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work early AM and overnight hours, as well as the weekend
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status