Master Control Room/Transmissions Operator (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Jan 31, 2024 - Requisition No. 122948
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake, Bloomberg TV+, and Bloomberg Businessweek.
Bloomberg is looking for a 12-month contract assignment Master Control Room/Transmissions Operator Contractor to work up to 40 hours a week. Ideal candidate is focused, flexible, and proficient in several aspects of broadcast operations within a 24-hour live news environment.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Coordinate inbound and outbound transmissions, as well as manage transmissions vendors
- Manage Video/Audio compression codecs, web streaming and transmission technologies
- Check-in remote guests, color correct feeds, and operate audio/video routing systems
- Uplink and downlink satellite feeds and optimize signals
- Work in conjunction with other departments to tackle news of the day, managing video input and output for broadcast, Bloomberg website, Bloomberg terminal, among other items
- Oversee implementation of commercial breaks and logs
- Maintain strong relationships with live show producers, working to assist in obtaining remote feeds for the live control rooms
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of color correcting feeds and QC'ing remote guests
- Knowledge of RTS PAP IFB assignment panel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Satellite, Fiber and IP technologies. Live U knowledge is a plus
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU: Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 35 - 35 USD Hourly