Master Control Room/Transmissions Operator
New York, NY
Posted Oct 3, 2019 - Requisition No. 78815
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is looking for a Master Control Room Transmissions Operator who is focused, flexible, and proficient in several aspects of broadcast operations within a 24 hour live news environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Coordinate inbound and outbound transmissions, as well as manage transmissions vendors
- Manage Video/Audio compression codecs, web streaming and transmission technologies
- Check-in remote guests, color correct feeds, and operate audio/video routing systems
- Steer in satellite feeds and optimize signals
- Work in conjunction with our Assignment Desk to tackle news of the day
- Oversee implementation of commercial breaks and logs
- Maintain strong relationships with live show producers
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of color correcting feeds and QC'ing remote guests
- Knowledge of RTS PAP IFB assignment panel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Satellite, Fiber and IP technologies. Live U knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work early AM and overnight hours, as well as the weekend
Does this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.