Media Technology Project Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Aug 31, 2021 - Requisition No. 93787
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Around the clock, from around the globe- our Broadcast Engineering Group supports live production for Television, Radio, and digital platforms. From our world headquarters in New York City, you will do much more than keep the lights on. With over 2,300 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
We are looking for an experienced Media Systems and Broadcast Engineer with strong technical and communication skills to join the Media Technology team. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and collaborative team focused on evolving and optimizing our global technology infrastructure powering our Media newsroom across linear and digital platforms. The team works with leading and nascent technologies to provide infrastructure solutions for live TV, Radio, Digital, and OTT platforms delivering content coverage and product capabilities for Bloomberg Media’s portfolio of video and audio pillars.
Strong technology, communication, and organizational skills are vital: you will be responsible for collaborating with the global technology team and operational, editorial, and commercial stakeholders to deliver crucial technology solutions driving our growth of brand and reach. The position will be interacting and working with staged and live infrastructure solutions requiring clear communication and high competency and understanding of technology and scalable solution implementations.
The primary focus of this position is to continue evolving video/audio technology systems and automation capabilities including solutions, builds, and launches for real-time production and live studio output. Duties include system design and development, component and vendor product integration for real-time systems in playout, ingest, graphics, and distribution domains as well as providing expertise to deliver second level diagnosis and support of IP and production technologies. Knowledge IP standards ( SMPTE 2022, 2110, AES67, Dante) and experience with transmission and studio production processes, newsroom systems, and content production workflows a must along with ability to work in a fast paced technology and production environment. You will fill a key role in the design and development of our technology pipeline.
POSITION TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum five years broadcast media engineering experience
- Proven knowledge of IP Media standards including SMPTE 2022, 2110, AES-67, Dante with practical understanding and experience of leading vendor implementations of the standards
- Proven knowledge of traditional SDI and AES systems and workflows
- Proven knowledge of streaming distribution standards and implementations for RTMP, HLS, DASH, SRT, Zixi
- Strong system design and analysis skills with ability to trouble-shoot and remedy IP and SDI based signal/workflows
- Ability to successfully execute under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of industry IP video implementations
- Working knowledge of live television production and newsroom systems
- Practical knowledge of:
- video/audio routing/mixing/processing systems
- enterprise CG graphics systems
- production switchers, audio mixing systems
- Camera robotics
- Production automation
- Enterprise Intercom systems
- Work directly with engineers and software programmers, editorial producers, and control room operators in developing and deploying technology solutions
- Research and develop new infrastructure systems to enhance and support on-air product
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- End-to-end solution development and deployment management for system enhancements
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of overall experience within Broadcast Media industries.
- 3-4 years of experience with IP video/audio based systems
- Practical knowledge/experience with Media focused IT infrastructures including:
- networking, firewalls, PC/MAC software and hardware
- digital video and streaming encoders, CDN and cloud origination technology
- Knowledge and experience with RF workflows, transmission, LED walls, and processors considered a plus
If this sounds like you, apply today!
We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.