Media Technology Support Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Jul 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 105776
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Around the clock, from around the globe- our Broadcast Engineering Group supports live production for Television, Radio, and digital platforms. From our world headquarters in New York City, you will do much more than keep the lights on. With over 2,300 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
We are looking for an expert Media Technology Support Engineer with strong technical and communication skills to join the Media Technology team. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and collaborative team focused delivering high quality service and support for infrastructure powering the Bloomberg Media Enterprise for linear and digital platforms. The team works with a hybrid of IT and Media Broadcast technologies in providing optimized and scalable systems powering our global TV, Radio, and OTT newsrooms and distributions. You will be a critical member of a select team that supports and pilots new technologies in our constantly expanding content creation and delivery systems.
Strong technology, communication, and organizational skills are vital: you will be responsible for working with the global technology team actively supporting and expanding our content capabilities.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Install and/or update new and existing systems servers, hardware, services, peripherals, and storage in accordance with operational standards and guidelines.
- Ensure daily integrity and availability for all services we manage and support
- Be a creative problem solver and possess ability to communicate complex principles in non-technical or everyday terms.
- Be proactive, dynamic, and flexible in order to troubleshoot; On-Air, In Person, Telephone/Email Support, Control Room operations.
- Conduct tests and diagnostics evaluations
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Execute checklists to discover equipment and/or system anomalies.
- Install new components and systems.
- Create and update engineering documents and diagrams.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of newly deployed technologies.
- 3 + years of experience in a technical role is required. Broadcast specific experience is a plus.
- Ability to maintain composure and to work quickly and independently in high-pressure situations.
- Strong knowledge of technical TV and Radio broadcasting equipment (including cameras, robotics, VTRs, routing equipment, intercom and production switchers) as well as broadcast automation systems is a plus.
- Understanding of Information technology topics such as networking, windows operating systems, Linux and mac is required.
- Willingness/flexibility with hours (this role includes evenings, nights and weekends) is required.
- Software development skills or experience with scripting languages a plus but not required.
- Experience with virtual environments such as VMWare Horizon and Horizon are a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or GCP are a plus
If this sounds like you, apply today!
We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com