Microsoft Exchange Administrator
New York, NY
Posted May 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 103132
About Bloomberg Corporate Technology:
Corporate Technology is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting internal IT systems. This encompasses all hardware, software and enterprise applications on the corporate network used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration enabling all of the firm's businesses to be more agile.
The New York Server & Storage System Administration team is critical for operational efficiency of our global internal IT systems! We are trusted to ensure that our IT infrastructure is running efficiently at all times in order to support the tens of thousands of devices operating on our network. We also support the thousands of employees that rely on our technology to carry out their roles effectively in a fast-paced technology focused company. We collaborate daily within our multi-technology team and with teams globally including Security, Telephony, Network, End Point Technology, Audio Visual, Mobile Technology, Service Desk and Infrastructure design teams.
We'll trust you to:
As an Exchange Administrator in our environment you will work within an Agile framework to build, maintain, and continuously improve our Hybrid Exchange environments, Exchange Online, Exchange 2019/2016 2013 and/or previous, Active Directory, Windows Server 2019/2016 Datacenter. Your objectives will be system standardization, security, performance and stability in coordination with Regional and Global team members. You will be expected to work with colleagues to identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements.
You'll need to have:
- Understanding of Exchange 2016/2019/Online deployment, administration, and management and related monitoring and management systems
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills using advanced telemetry, diagnostics and log analysis. Provide root cause analysis of reported incidents. Additionally trouble shoot and resolve issues for MVP C-Level Executives.
- Possessing knowledge of enterprise technologies, authentication, and authorization schemes (Active Directory, Azure AD, ADFS)
- Demonstrating knowledge of Office 365 administration and configuration, specifically Exchange, M365, and Security and Compliance Admin Centers
- Understanding and work experience with associated applications: anti-spam, encryption, and anti-virus applications and products like proof point and Exchange online protection
- Writing and using windows PowerShell scripting, specifically using Exchange and Azure AD commands
- Understanding of DNS, e-mail routing, email tracking, SMTP / application mail relay, disaster recovery concepts, backup and restore - single item, single mailbox, Exchange Server, Exchange Site
- Proactively monitor the health and alerting system for MS Exchange On prem, Online and other M365 services
Understanding of Exchange Web services.
We'd love to see:
- Strong expertise with corporate mobile device management platform, preferably VMWare AirWatch in conjunction with Hybrid Exchange environment
- In depth knowledge and experience using core Windows technologies: AD, GPO, Windows FireWall, DNS, PKI, LDAP and DFS
- Strong familiarity with identity and authentication protocols: Kerberos, SAML, OAuth and SSO
- Understanding of enterprise management and security approaches, including Group Policy Management, Kerberos and PKI Authentication
- Certifications in Microsoft, Azure and O365 technologies
- Experience working within an agile workflow
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com