On any given day as a Market Specialist, you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our product. By evangelizing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company.
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, our team of market specialists serve as the de facto asset class authorities. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We’ll trust you to:
- Protect the existing terminal base, increase product adoption, and ultimately generate sales revenue
- Build influential relationships with senior level contacts and market decision- makers
- Provide business managers with actionable feedback on the latest trends, regulations, and market practices to help craft future product developments
- Utilize industry events and writing content to market our product
- Educate the sales force through internal trainings and seminars
- Contribute to our written content bespoke for clients
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable expertise and success in the financial industry, with a broad and detailed theoretical knowledge and practical experience in RMBS, CMBS, CLO, Agency and/or Loan markets.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service, and familiarity with other relevant market information platforms.
- Experience in using quantitative techniques for company analysis for the purpose of making investment decisions
- Practical experience using the terminal, or similar product, and applicable asset class functionality
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A collaborative mind set and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
- A willingness to travel across portions of the US as required in order to provide clients with a premier service
- The flexibility to work in a high paced, demanding & dynamic work environment
We’d love to see:
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- Strong experience of r/python, capable of writing basic applications and discussing the process of creating data-driven products
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.