Multi-Asset and Sustainable Finance Index Production Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Nov 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 111787
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services! This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is the leading provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs! The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to out-performance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
What is the role?
You will be responsible for handling all aspects of the daily production processes of the various BISL Multi-Asset and Sustainable Finance index families within the AMER region. Reporting to the AMER Multi-Asset and Sustainable Finance Index Production TL, you will ensure that index data is calculated and published accurately and on time every day. As well as ensuring client needs are met in an efficient and timely manner. You will work with the Engineering team to design and build the tools and technology required for the aforesaid tasks.
Our Bloomberg Index business is in a growth stage, and it is an exciting time to join the team to take our business to the next level! Index Production Analysts are knowledgeable in one or more index products and apply their subject matter expertise to produce and deliver timely, accurate, and comprehensive index data to our clients for asset management. To do so they leverage their operations, finance, and technology skills to manage the daily calculation, quality control and dissemination of the index products and to innovate products and processes to support the index business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Run daily production tasks, responding to events raised in the index monitoring console
- Become a subject matter authority in multiple asset classes, related data and indices (global equities, commodities, currencies, etc.)
- Perform index rebalance evaluations, including analysis of membership inclusions and omissions
- Work with both our clients and internal partners in response to index data related queries, while communicating product vision and building consensus among our senior leadership team
- Work closely with the Index Product team and Engineering team, to develop workflows, quality assurance processes and product improvements
- Identify and communicate the key points of information to partners and stakeholders in a timely and concise manner
- Learn complex business and technology processes and actively contributing to their evolution
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation, and product vision of the index product offering
- 3+ years of experience in Multi-Asset and Sustainable Finance Index businesses, and their role within the capital markets
- A strong academic background in one of analytical and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Statistics
- Experience with managing and building out workflow tools, data manipulation, ETL, data analysis, data quality and data science tools. E.g., SQL, QlikSense, Python, Excel, etc.
- Proven commitment to enhancing and developing products / processes
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas along with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with Engineering, Data, Sales, Product and Support
- A Master’s Degree and/or MBA, CFA charter
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience building/ maintaining indexes and validation models
- Eagerness to learn and work in a challenging, complex, dynamic, high-pressure environment
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 80,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus