Multi-Skilled Broadcast Operator (Freelance/Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 8, 2023 - Requisition No. 114617
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg TV delivers business news, insights and analysis to more than 360 million homes worldwide - 24/7. We are now looking for a talented multi-skilled technical operator to join our team within our New York Headquarters as a freelance contract. You will be involved in all operational aspects of live and pre-taped studio production working Sunday evening through to Friday morning.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Move quickly and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced broadcast environment
- Collaborate with the technical team and editorial personnel in order to ensure a quality visual presentation to our audience
- Read, follow and execute all relevant tasks outlined in a live news broadcast rundown
- Operate a live broadcast sequencer to accurately count a control room in and out of commercial breaks, while communicating with crew, editorial colleagues and our global master control personnel
- Fire lower-third and full-screen graphics during live broadcasts. Assign full screen graphics into appropriate channels to be routed into video surfaces
- Mic on-air talent and reporters and help maintain audio equipment
- Operate robotic cameras located in New York and remotely controlled cameras from our bureaus around the globe
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- An ability to multitask
- Basic mathematics skills
- A strong desire to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Flexibility to work different schedules- days, nights, weekends, holidays
- Experience with live graphics/studio cameras/broadcast audio equipment a plus but not essential.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 45 - 50 USD Hourly