NY Graphics Reporter
New York, NY
Posted May 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 103436
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Bloomberg News is seeking a graphics journalist in New York who specializes in data visualization and creative storytelling. You’ll join the Bloomberg Graphics Team, a group of about 25 journalists working from news bureaus around the world.
Our team is highly collaborative and we value people who are motivated to work with others and pitch in when needed. We break news and pursue stories of consequence, and we recognize that the more diverse our experiences, interests and areas of expertise, the better we're able to do that. We welcome applicants with specialized skills — cartography, 3D, motion graphics, illustration or anything else that enables you to publish innovative visualizations and maps.
We’d like you to:
- Possess a passion for news across Bloomberg’s core coverage areas, including business, finance, markets, economics, climate, technology, and politics and government
- Enjoy reporting, developing and creating smart, accurate and timely data visualizations — even on tight deadlines — in response to news
- Collaborate with other members of the Graphics team, as well as the wider newsroom, on a variety of projects — from breaking news to months-long investigations
- Rely on your exceptional curiosity, design sensibilities and technical prowess to pitch your own graphics-driven stories
- Strong visual design skills and extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite and mapping tools, including QGIS
- Experience in data reporting, e.g. the ability to collect, manage, munge, explore and analyze data from various sources and formats. Storytelling and writing skills are a plus
Does this sound like you?
If you think you'd be a good fit to join us, submit an application and include a resume, a brief letter telling us about yourself and a portfolio that demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of data journalism, graphic design and development. Include a link to your Github account if you have one.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com .