New York, NY
Posted Mar 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 74106
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Legal Negotiations team has front line responsibility for negotiating the legal terms and conditions of our customer contracts worldwide. Our colleagues depend on us to gain deep product and commercial contract knowledge in order to support them in closing the deal, while protecting Bloomberg from undue legal risk. On any given day we respond to contract inquiries, negotiate legal terms and conditions, draft contract revisions, and support RFPs, all while working in close partnership with Sales, Product, Contracts, and Accounting. We also collaborate in a team model via highly effective processes and systems to ensure transparency and communication with our colleagues during all phases of the negotiation. We are quick learners and self-starters who work hard in an increasingly regulated, innovative, high-energy, and fast-paced environment.
We'll trust you to negotiate licensing agreements with Bloomberg's customers which range from major financial institutions to government entities across a wide range of fin-tech products and services, that are dynamic and often cutting edge. We'll rely on you to build internal partnerships and balance both the needs and drive of Bloomberg Sales and our customers in a time-sensitive environment.
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent (law degree not required)
- Substantial experience in a customer or supplier facing role with a strong negotiation background
- At least 5 years’ experience negotiating legal terms & conditions, preferably data / technology contracts
- Experience working with legal counsel
- Ability to multitask 30+ contract negotiations and projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptability to the changing needs of our business partners and external customers
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with financial concepts and the financial services industry
- Strong interpersonal skills with a solution-based mind-set
- An independent and strategic thinker who is service-oriented, and eager to learn
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work independently and proactively
- A great teammate receptive to feedback
- Someone who enjoys a fast paced, challenging and ever-changing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.