New York, NY
Posted Sep 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 78207
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Legal Negotiations team has front line responsibility for negotiating the legal terms and conditions of our customer contracts worldwide. Our colleagues depend on us to gain deep product and commercial contract knowledge in order to support them in closing the deal, while protecting our businesses from undue legal risk.
Based in New York, you will be an integral part of the Legal department, working closely with and supported by your Negotiations colleagues and In-House Counsel. You will be responsible for negotiating licensing agreements with Bloomberg's customers which range from major financial institutions to government entities across a wide range of fin-tech products and services that are dynamic and often cutting-edge. We'll rely on you to build internal partnerships and balance both the needs and drive of Bloomberg Sales and our customers in a time-sensitive environment.
We'll Trust you to:
- Respond to contract inquiries and negotiate legal terms and conditions
- Multitask 30+ contract negotiations and projects at a time
- Support the RFP process for bids from our customers
- Work in close partnership with Counsel, Sales, Product, Contracts and Accounting
- Operate in an open and communicative way with our colleagues during all phases of the negotiation
- Be a quick learner who thrives in an increasingly regulated and fast paced environment
- Stay abreast of business sales and product strategies
- Be an active participant in identifying and supporting projects that continuously improve our own operations and as well as those that streamline processes between us and our business partners
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Substantial negotiation experience in a customer or supplier facing role--if you have a Strategic Sourcing/Procurement background with responsibility in negotiating legal terms this could be a great fit
- Preferred, but not required, experience negotiating with government agencies (e.g., local, state and federal agencies, universities) and an understanding of their regulations and processes
- 5 years’ experience negotiating legal terms & conditions, preferably data / technology contracts licensing software solutions
- Experience working with legal counsel
- Excellent time management skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptability to the changing needs of our business partners and external customers
We'd love to see:
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence along with excellent customer service skills
- An independent and strategic thinker who is service-oriented, takes ownership, is forward-thinking, and eager to learn
- A self-starter who is proactive, independent and solution driven
- An enthusiastic teammate, receptive to and actions feedback
- Someone who enjoys an innovative, challenging and ever changing environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.