Net Zero Project Manager
New York, NY
Posted Apr 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 102520
At Bloomberg we are committed to fighting the battle against climate change. That’s why we’re taking action, using our expertise in data – and decades of experience leading from the front – to tackle climate change from every angle. Climate change is changing the way market participants allocate capital, and the ability for businesses and investors to understand their climate related impacts, risks, and mitigation pathways is crucial.
Our offerings are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a team, we are responsible for the development of Net Zero Transition focused data solutions for Bloomberg, and work across key climate initiatives including the GFANZ initiative. GFANZ is a coalition of leading financial institutions committed to accelerating the decarbonization of the global economy. Members currently include over 450 financial firms responsible for assets in excess of $130 trillion across 45 countries. GFANZ is focused on broadening, deepening and raising net-zero ambitions across the financial system and demonstrating firms’ collective commitments to supporting companies and countries to achieve the goals set at COP26.
In this role, you will act as a project manager for the Net Zero Data Team. As part of the team you will have an enormous impact on supporting the global financial sector’s work to stop climate change and ensuring that financing and capital allocation decisions occur in ways that enable the world to reach net zero by 2050 in line with the objectives of the Paris Agreement.
The Net Zero Project Manager will be responsible for the project management of and delivery of end-to-end technology solutions in line with team objectives. They understand how climate data is used by the market and can collaborate with internal and external partners to implement initiatives. They are highly analytical individuals who can innovate and deliver in a multifaceted and constantly evolving, technical environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Demonstrate your experience in the financial industry and understanding of climate and transition focused data and technology to develop strategies to support the development of net zero data solutions.
- Lead day-to-day projects while keeping an eye on the big picture and upend existing systems and processes if need be
- Periodically review the alignment of our technology with the business strategy and drive initiatives to constantly raise the bar of our capabilities to deliver on net zero content.
- Champion projects sought to transform Bloomberg's technical and business capabilities to handle exchange services
- Build and handle the plans for moving technical solutions to production
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Form relationships with internal and external partners to understand their business needs; build consensus and strategies to deliver on those needs
- Proactively lead changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Effectively communicate progress and success to partners in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
- Develop and deliver reports & requirements documentation
- Build a rapport with programmers - keeping them focused and projects moving
- Provide detailed project plans and project management/governance across the entire life of the project by coordinating with relevant Bloomberg departments, the client and third party vendor applications
You’ll need to have:
- Shown industry experience, with a passion for leading projects involving new technology
- Ability to discuss deep technical concepts, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers
- An understanding of financial markets and key climate and net zero themes
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Economics, Public Policy, Engineering, Mathematics, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience with or exposure to Agile product development
- Experience with using JIRA for planning and tracking
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.