Network Communications Representative
New York, NY
Posted Apr 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 74564
The Bloomberg Networks Communications team oversees the procurement, design, pricing of telecommunication services for Bloomberg and its customers. We're responsible for managing existing vendor relationships to design, order, and support over 5,000+ unique connections across the US, Canada, and the Caribbean. We work collaboratively with our Network Operations team and Implementation Specialist team to design and order connectivity for Bloomberg and our customers.
Once installed, we support our existing connectivity through active management of vendors when challenges arise. We use our network within our vendors and here at Bloomberg to find solutions to issues that affect our connectivity. This includes leading escalation calls, design reviews, and having an understanding of domestic, submarine and terrestrial cable routes.
We're also involved in proof-of-concept testing with our Network Engineering team, the design and support of Bloomberg data centers, invoice approvals, and network audits. Partnering with Network Engineering we research, test, and implement new Bloomberg and customer connectivity solutions using state of the art technologies to reduce cost of connectivity or improve redundancy or stability within our network.
What’s The Role?
We’re looking for a self-motivated representative to lead our telecommunications vendors and daily implementations. As a part of Communications team – you become a utility player in the telecom and vendor management landscape.
You'll be accountable for the full lifecycle of the telecommunications implementation process including, pricing, design, and order management and testing. You'll also be the escalation resource for post implementation support. Working closely with internal/external partners; assessing/understanding our clients' needs; adhering to project methodologies; and effectively managing/organizing resources.
We'll Trust You To:
- Use your deep understanding of Telecommunication Carrier Networks and their various connectivity methods to handle complex installations and conversions, collaborating regularly with our Telco Vendors on all levels
- Serve as the SME on all telco implementation and design questions; such as leading conference calls with internal /external customers
- Maintain multiple queues at a time, providing clear written updates to internal/external clients
- Demonstrate firm knowledge via documentation/implementation of effective vendor oversight processes
- Arrange, prepare, and present statistical data for service delivery meetings on a monthly/quarterly basis to manage vendor performance
- Run operationally excellent effective vendor governance structures, maintaining a holistic view of the provider(s), and effective communication for decision-making
You'll Need To Have:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years Telecommunication industry experience or data center infrastructure experience; Familiarity with MPLS carrier Ethernet Networks, Switched Networks TDM, Cross Connects, Wave, Voice (PRI/SIP/POTS), and other industry trends
- Project management experience, including pre project coordination. The ability to autonomously lead projects is key to succeeding in this role
- Strong customer focus and the ability to establish clear expectations through all methods of -communication (email, phone, chat, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills
- Experience with various types of relationships and the ability to communicate with senior leadership
- Experience in reviewing and approving invoices
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, Google KMZ, and Microsoft Visio. This includes the ability to build Visio Diagrams and interpret Google KMZ files
We’d Love To See:
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Knowledge of the OSI Model networking, specifically Layer 1-3
- Certifications including but not limited to PMP, ITIL, MEF CECP, Six Sigma
- Leadership experience in current or past roles
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.