Network Security Team Leader
New York, NY
Posted Jun 18, 2018 - Requisition No. 67689
Our Team is responsible for supporting Bloomberg’s network security infrastructure in one of the largest private networks in the world. Effective management of these systems is essential to maintaining and safeguarding access to Bloomberg’s data across all aspects of the company including financial products, news media, data centers, internal IT and a global network.
What’s The Role?
As a Network Security Team Leader, you will lead a team of Network Security Operations Engineers. You'll work closely with Security Engineers and our Risk/Security team for security policy administration to ensure that we are aligned with compliance guidelines, strategy, and best practices. You will be involved with mentoring staff members, training, documentation, and standardizing processes. You’ll be recognized as the staff authority on firewall implementations.
We'll Trust You To:
- Support network functionality including load balancers, proxies, firewalls, monitoring, and mitigation devices.
- Resolve critical issues
- Meet project deadlines and milestones
- Continuous refinement of processes and procedures with a focus on standardizing the work and shifting it to lower level support teams.
- Draft network diagrams, perform network planning, and implement changes
You’ll Need To Have:
- Leadership skills and management experience
- Project Management skills and experience working on enterprise level projects
- Advance knowledge on Firewall platforms (Checkpoint, Palo Alto, preferred)
- Firewall deployment/configuration experience and troubleshooting application connectivity
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, PHP & Perl
- Linux experience
- Deep understanding of general networking and design (Firewalls, Routing, Load Balancing, TCP/IP, Packet trace and analysis)
- Build, review, maintain operational documentation and deliver training on new procedures to other support teams.
- Flexibility and willingness to work off hours when the situation requires
We’d Love To See:
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience using Agile (e.g. Kanban or Scrum)
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Splunk and Grafana
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.