News AI Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jan 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 99352
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Automated news generation is the new frontier in Financial News. We are harnessing AI and machine learning to build impactful, real-time news content for our clients and re-imagine how Bloomberg journalists monitor and report on market-moving news.
We are a fast-growing team of technical Product Managers within Bloomberg News, working to developing Machine Learning models for document classification, text extraction, and Event Detection from unstructured financial press releases. We help spot opportunities to improve AI across the Newsroom, generate ideas together with the Editorial and Sales teams, perform a cost-benefit analysis, define product requirements, and closely collaborate with our Engineering counterparts throughout the model development life-cycle.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead multiple news products at the same time and able to shift priorities quickly when needed.
- Effectively manage the product specification, prioritization, and backlog.
- Work seamlessly with our experienced engineers on product achievements.
- Communicate product vision, execution plan, and development status with key collaborators.
- Continually address business needs through an agile process.
- Follow technology trends and developments in the media and data space.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Administration, Computational Journalism, Finance, Economics, Data Science or relevant work experience
- At least three (3) years of full-time, professional experience as a product or technical project manager
- A familiarity with the fields of natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to deconstruct business objectives and translate them to actionable, tactical plans.
- Outstanding relationship management skills with emphasis on carrying out projects in a matrix organization.
- An all-hands-on-deck, team-player mentality, and a constructive, flexible, and reliable attitude
We would love to see:
- Relevant prior experience in the financial news industry
- Curiosity about the financial markets
- Experience working with Agile methods and Jira
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.