News Automation Content Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Nov 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 108370
Bloomberg News is the predominant force in the business of serious financial market news. Our clients are financial market professionals and the decision makers of corporations and government. We quickly deliver market-moving news through the Bloomberg terminal on mobile, web and by downstream syndication. Our latest generation of news automation showcases the awesome potential of our real-time market data to react instantly to market events and break the news.
Do you want to be part of our growing team as we take on the challenge of uncovering signals hidden in large sets of real-time data and getting the news out to our clients before the competition? If so, keep reading.
What's in it for you:
You'll join and contribute to a crucial area of Bloomberg News. The automations you build will generate real-time stories on the Bloomberg production news wires accessible to all of our clients. You will work with an excellent team of experienced journalists who are highly regarded within the financial market and technologists who are at the top of their game.
Not only will you use the best technologies and our most updated automation platform, but you will help determine the future vision of the News product and develop new capabilities of the automation platform itself. You will gain exposure to the full spectrum of our financial, economic and environmental data, and help craft standards for a new way of breaking news.
We'll trust you to:
- Be responsible for writing scripts and configuring triggers that will generate automated stories
- Develop strong working relationships with your counterparts in Product and Engineering
- Follow and continuously improve our team's design, coding and testing standards - everyone in the team is expected to push the team’s practices forward
- Fluency in Python and working knowledge of standard libraries and PEP standards
- An aptitude for problem solving and a general understanding of the art of software engineering
- Good communication skills - you will be working closely with journalists, product and software development teams
- BA or BS in a related field
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Experience or education in journalism
- Experience with coding for a production environment
- An interest in how data underpins the world's financial systems
- An understanding of statistics
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 160,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus