News Automation Content Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Jul 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 90296
Bloomberg News is the predominant force in the business of serious financial market news. Our clients are financial market professionals and the decision makers of corporations and government. We quickly deliver market-moving news through the Bloomberg terminal on mobile, web and by downstream syndication. Our latest generation of news automation showcases the awesome potential of our real-time market data to react instantly to market events and break the news.
Do you want to be part of our growing team as we take on the challenge of uncovering signals hidden in large sets of real-time data and getting the news out to our clients before the competition? If so, keep reading.
What's in it for you:
You'll join and contribute to a crucial area of Bloomberg News. The automations you build will generate real-time stories on the Bloomberg production news wires accessible to all of our clients. You will work with an excellent team of experienced journalists who are highly regarded within the financial market and technologists who are at the top of their game.
Not only will you use the best technologies and our most updated automation platform, but you will help determine the future vision of the News product and develop new capabilities of the automation platform itself. You will gain exposure to the full spectrum of our financial, economic and environmental data, and help craft standards for a new way of breaking news.
We'll trust you to:
- Be responsible for writing scripts and configuring triggers that will generate fully automated stories in production
- See your ideas through from start to finish
- Develop strong working relationships with your counterparts in News and Engineering
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years experience programming in Python
- Experience or education in Journalism (Ideal)
- Good communication skills as you will be working closely with journalists, business management and software development teams
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- An appreciation for how data sets underpin the world's financial systems - if you don't know anything about finance, you'll pick it up by interacting with a world-class team of market experts
- Experience with or an understanding of statistics
- An interest in understanding and detecting data patterns in large data sets
If this sounds like you, please apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps
Check out our latest news stories at: http://www.bloomberg.com.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.