News Browsing Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Oct 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 110495
The News Product Management team is focused on developing solutions that give Bloomberg Terminal customers access to the most crucial information impacting financial markets from over 200,000 news and social media sources. This role will be tasked with building desktop and mobile applications that showcase the day's top news globally, and on specific regions or topics such as ESG or cryptocurrency.
What’s the Role?
You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of new products and enhancements, including with analysis of customer needs, collaborating with product designers, leading development and implementation with engineering and finally driving customer adoption.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collect input from customers and analyze data to understand needs and identify opportunities
- Build a product vision and gain consensus among various partners
- Set priorities and establish success metrics and targets
- Produce detailed product requirements
- Coordinate with engineers, editors, designers, data analysts and other product managers to complete initiatives
- Find creative ways to promote new products and enhancements and grow adoptions
- Professional experience leading or developing products
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills
- The ability to network and break down silos to accomplish a goal
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities and great attention to detail
- Proficiency in popular document, spreadsheet and presentation tools, e.g., Excel, Google Docs
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Experience in the news industry
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg Terminal
- Expertise in agile methodologies and tools, e.g., Jira
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/?utm_medium=Adwords&utm_source=pdsrch&utm_content=careers&tactic=434671&gclid=CjwKCAjw4c-ZBhAEEiwAZ105Rd8aiSFnXGQm3fYCYQYLum3RawLWHcO7tMIu9R_8i-Z3W9YA0Wp_hBoC_kAQAvD_BwE
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus