News Operations and Technology Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Feb 25, 2020 - Requisition No. 81529
Bloomberg News is looking for a highly-motivated, energetic and experienced News Operations and Technology Specialist to join our newsroom product/support team in New York. We are looking for someone who likes to get things done. Someone who goes the extra mile and thrives on pushing boundaries to achieve the next great thing.
Our team is on the front line, we work hard and we work fast in removing operational roadblocks that stand in the way of our more than 3,000 journalists around the world. We also work with experienced engineering teams to develop new technologies for improving news reporting and automating news production. We do all this while maintaining the quality and accuracy we're known for - It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
What's in it for you:
You like nothing more than seeing your efforts contribute directly to the success of Bloomberg News. As a subject matter expert, you will be a point of contact to help triage issues and bring them to resolution. Your ideas will also help shape the strategic vision of the group. This is an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your strong leadership abilities, excellent written & oral communications skills and a solid technical background.
This is not a traditional operations role. You will be asked to wear many hats and work in many different capacities. You will own a portfolio of projects and drive them to completion, but you will also be asked to tackle operational issues that arise with the same speed and follow through.
We are looking for someone who excels at multi-tasking and is able to context switch without skipping a beat. Self-starters who bring ideas to the table and jump at the opportunity to initiate changes will jump to the top of our list.
We'll need you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher, computer science or related field is preferred
- Proven experience in management of technology projects, preferably in the news or media industries
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Ability to understand, dissect and analyze data using tools like Excel
- Robust organizational and collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously and prioritize in demanding situations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior customer service and relationship management skills
- Passion for troubleshooting, critical thinking and getting it done
- Curiosity about how and why things work
We'd love you to have:
- Ability to utilize business intelligence tools like QlikSense or Tableau
- Experience with content management systems, news publishing, and web/network technologies
- Knowledge of agile principles and scrum framework
- Software development experience
If this sounds like you:
- Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.