News Search Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Aug 21, 2018 - Requisition No. 68852
Financial firms rely on real-time News solutions to drive their decision making and help them stay on top of events that may impact their investments. Bloomberg provides access to millions of news stories and social media posts through our real-time News applications.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg’s News Product team is responsible for the development and deployment of the global News Product within Bloomberg. We are currently seeking a software Product Management professional to join the team based in New York. As part of this dynamic team, you will be responsible for Bloomberg’s News Search strategy, execution and on-going development. Areas of product specialization include search, indexing, classification and ranking of news stories. This position will involve direct senior management interaction defining developmental plans, priorities and budgets.
We’ll trust you to:
Own the development and growth of our Real-time News Search applications, which support our global terminal clients. Extend and crystallize the product vision, collaborate with UX designers and engineers to execute on this vision and plan product releases and long term development priorities. News/content search product development experience is required as well as a shown skill-set encompassing technology, communication and project management.
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years in a Product Management role where you were involved with strategy and roadmap development
- Business understanding of the use of application programming interfaces/standards, working with Design and UX
- Client-experience in order to generate business requirements specifications that will be used by software engineers to develop the News Search product
- Impeccable writing and organization skills
- Ability to present to technical and business audience, including senior management
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to connect multiple threads of work
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and garner support for your initiatives
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.