Bloomberg NEF is seeking a talented, highly-motivated individual to join our global wind energy team as North America Wind Analyst in New York City. You’re someone with a keen interest in innovation and energy and have a flair for forming original opinions on complex topics. You are comfortable with thinking both quantitatively and qualitatively and have the ability to communicate your ideas to a broad audience. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds.
What's the role:
- Together with the team members, you will identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and produce written reports on the findings
- You will frequently collaborate with the sales team in building new audiences for your analysis
- You will be working with colleagues and clients based in the U.S., Canada and around the world – periodic travel in North America is expected
We'll trust you to:
- Become an expert on the onshore wind sector in the U.S. and Canada, providing insights on its role in the changing energy market.
- Research, analyze and write about the latest developments in energy markets. This includes policy developments, technology trends, long-term forecasts, key player strategies, how wind energy fits into the future energy landscape and other relevant topics.
- Think critically, cut through the noise of quantitative and qualitative information and to form original, defensible opinions based on this
- Collaborate closely with analysts across the company to create new tools and data sets to track the development of the energy sector
- Communicate your ideas, verbally, in writing and visually through charts and diagrams
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry to gather information and insight on the sector and become a leading expert in your field
- Engage with clients and industry figures regularly
- Support the business development team in client meetings and represent Bloomberg New Energy Finance while speaking at conferences and events
You need to have:
- Strong graduate degree in a policy, scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline as well as a demonstrated interest in the clean energy sector.
- Exceptional communication skills: written (for research reports), verbal (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media) and visually (creating charts and diagrams to support your analysis).
- Good analytical skills and ability to assimilate new and highly technical information
- Good time management skills, initiative and ability to work on multiple projects at once
We’d love to see:
- Candidates with previous experience of the wind industry or energy sector.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to work hard and have fun
*Please include a cover letter with your application outlining your interest in the energy sector (250 words)*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.