On any given day as a Market Specialist you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping prospect and close new sale opportunities, and shaping product development. By evangelizing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of Bloomberg.
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, the department serves as the de facto asset class experts at Bloomberg. Our team not only heightens our user base's experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in enhancing the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We'll trust you to:- Provide in-depth analytical oil market expertise to clients, our sales force, and product developers
- Protect the existing terminal base by influencing customer usage patterns, increasing product adoption, and helping the sales-force to generate and close new sales opportunities
- Building and maintaining key relationships with decision-makers and senior financial professionals
- Shaping future product development by providing business managers with actionable feedback on the latest trends, regulations and market practices
- Marketing the product by speaking at external events and industry conferences; organizing and delivering seminars, webinars and audio-visual presentations; writing content for Bloomberg on-line and printed publications
- Furthering the knowledge of our sales-force by designing and delivering customized training
- Formulating responses to queries from prospects, customers, salespeople and our Help Desk
You'll need to have:- 5+ years’ experience analyzing, trading and/or selling Oil products & derivatives
- Extensive knowledge of the Oil Complex and deep understanding of the physical infrastructure
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service, and familiarity with other relevant market information platforms.
- An extensive network of deep client relationships, and ties to applicable professional organizations, societies and associations.
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
- Outstanding presentational skills, with the power to command and hold the attention of both small groups and large audiences.
- Excellent negotiating and inter-personal skills, with the capacity to influence decisions and deliver results in a timely manner.
- A creative vision with ideas and deep market insight to engage clients while also driving and delivering internal change for new product development.
- Willingness to travel
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.