On-Site Support Projects Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Oct 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 96132
At Bloomberg, we utilize the power of information to fuel our products. Combining data with the necessary context to paint the whole picture for our clients is what we do best. We operate around the clock and all over the world. Our Bloomberg On-Site Support team provides in-person and remote technical solutions to Bloomberg clients in more than 75 countries. We are a one-stop shop of client support with an unwavering commitment to the principle "customers come first"!
In your role as a Support Specialist, you'll prepare and present reports that utilize comprehensive data analytics that will provide meaningful insight into improving business strategies. Your role will also include project management, which will require collaboration across multiple departments within the firm. These projects can range from long-term client hardware upgrades to a shorter-term process implementation.
You'll be a member of a small team that focuses on fostering creativity and places a high value on providing quality customer support. We expect you to strive for excellence in both team productivity and customer happiness. You pride yourself in offering both reactive and proactive solution-focused support and understand internal and external customer needs. You are the calm voice and cool head in a fast-paced environment but you understand the urgency, work hard, have a commercial aptitude, and are customer service driven. Our team will always challenge and support each other. We are a tight team, but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces.
We will trust you to:
- Set clear goals and achieve the expected result, while communicating the regional, departmental, and company vision
- Ensure all project stakeholders have a clear understanding of timelines, goals, and performance within the bounds of multiple metric categories
- Develop your knowledge, skills, and talents through training and constructive feedback, establishing the foundation for a successful career at Bloomberg
- Innovate and challenge traditional thinking on how to best solve challenges
- Give clear, constructive and actionable feedback
- Collaborate across multiple departments
- Be organized in your management of incoming workflows
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience as a data analyst or related field
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ year of experience with project management and change management
- Willingness and aptitude to learn and develop tools in Qlik Sense
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical lay terms
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally across all levels of management
- A basic understanding of databases
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.