Operational Administrative Support
New York, NY
Posted Oct 7, 2019 - Requisition No. 78843
Bloomberg News is looking for an administrative specialist to help support our reporters, editors, and managers across the Americas and EMEA. Our team is responsible for day-to-day operations across over 100 news bureaus. We also provide administrative and technical support for over 1,700 journalists, helping to drive newsroom business objectives.
In this multi-faceted role, we’ll trust you to:
- Work within our global News Operations/Administration team to support the 1700+ Reporters/Editors and Managers across 100 newsrooms in both AMER & EMEA.
- Hold primary support responsibility for various sites in the USA and Canada.
- Handle global requests via our internal ticketing systems.
- Lead numerous global projects and closely collaborate with stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot outages or support requests with newsroom-specific technology.
- Help coordinate events within your bureaus while working closely with our Events management team.
- Work with Bureau Chiefs and local teams to log and manage important guests and visitors.
- Coordinate office moves, local press accreditation, subscriptions & publications, rota management and local documentation.
- Oversee business continuity and disaster recovery planning, along with incident management for the region.
- Work and adapt within a varied, fast paced and constantly changing environment.
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Native fluency or business proficiency in foreign language desired.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint.
- Ability to exercise judgement and fluctuating priorities.
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work and communicate with various departments outside of News.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others.
- Flexibility to travel as needed.
- Flexibility with hours.
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience within a busy newsroom.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.