Paid Media Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Aug 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 93292
We work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces! We bring out the best in each other and in the communities around us, through our countless volunteer projects. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally! We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
What's the Role?
The Paid Media Specialist is part of the global digital team and is based in New York. We are looking for a creative and entrepreneurial problem solver who is always on top of the latest digital trends but who is also comfortable diving into the quantitative, performance details. We’re searching for a results-oriented Paid Media Specialist with passion for using paid digital media to drive business outcomes.
In this role you will be responsible for paid media implementation including campaign launches, campaign management, budget management, bid management, A/B testing and reporting. We are looking for a paid media professional with a consistent track record that can help us increase the quality of traffic to our websites. You understand how to build coordinated and comprehensive marketing strategies sought at both attracting prospective clients, as well as engaging our existing audience. We’ll trust you to use data insights to evolve our strategy and increase the impact of our messaging for our business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Co-lead the evolution of the paid digital strategy for Bloomberg’s core set of business products, solutions and areas of expertise
- Develop and execute purposeful, measurable digital paid media campaigns (primarily across social media, SEM and display, as well as emerging media channels) in support of go-to-market activities, coordinating with international colleagues
- Continuously identify and assess new channels and media opportunities to reach untapped audiences and drive conversions
- Provide analysis and recommend adjustments of budget, creative, messaging and channel strategy based on key performance indicators
- Use A/B testing to identify standard methodologies for content types and distribution channels
- Develop and manage relationships with third-party advertising partners, networks, and affiliates
- Adapt and enhance our programmatic features with agility to capitalize on changing market conditions
- Keep internal team up to speed on tools and interfaces within the PPC space such as Google Ads, Google Display network, Google Analytics, the social network ad managers and SEMRush
- Champion the power of paid media internally, evangelizing efforts and success stories
- Foster a culture of innovation and creativity, and approach challenges with a can-do attitude
You’ll need to have:
- 5 to 7 years of experience using paid digital advertising strategies to engage and understand audiences in a marketing context
- Prior experience in acquisition, performance marketing, and/or media planning role with a track record of using data-driven methods to inform digital targeting, segmentation and advertising
- Experience with campaign creation, tracking, tagging, testing, and marketing analytics across platforms, tools and ad managers such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google, DSPs, etc. (Google Certified Professional preferred)
- Experience managing multiple platforms, campaigns, and projects simultaneously
- Experience with digital marketing concepts, specifically social, web, and email
- Experience with landing page optimization strategies and SEO
- Experience with Workfront is a plus
- Experience with financial products marketing is a plus
- Articulate and compelling communication whether you are in person or online
- Passion for what you do and for working as a global multinational team
If this sounds like you:
Apply – and if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime, watch this proud reminder of our purpose:
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.