New York, NY
Posted May 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 103285
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking legal and compliance professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
You’ll be part of Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Paralegal team, working closely with members across the Legal & Compliance Department.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide a wide-variety of project management, administrative and operational support for the Legal & Compliance teams’ daily operations
- Manage, prepare, maintain and improve processes for the collection, storage and creation of legal and compliance documentation (e.g., corporate governance/structure documentation)
- Identify and implement improvements to current operations and workflows to enhance efficiency
- Collaborate with our attorneys and compliance professionals on gathering, organizing and analyzing data to address legal or compliance matters (e.g., regulatory filings)
- Assist with drafting and managing correspondence with internal stakeholders and external parties
- Assist our attorneys with the scheduling and preparation of board meeting materials
- Prepare and arrange documents for signature by authorized signatories
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certificate
- 2-4 years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Fluency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work on projects requiring a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively while effectively managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve and manage priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiative/follow up with others as needed to complete tasks
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
We’d love to see:
- Experience with, or an interest in learning about, corporate governance and structure
- An interest in technology
- Familiarity with DocuSign, iManage, Litera/Workshare Compare, e-billing software, e-discovery software or other legal technology or matter management tools
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Visio
- Licensed notary or willingness to become one
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively with others
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.