Payroll Analyst - US & Canada - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Oct 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 121157
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to delivering extraordinary support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Analyst to join our New York based colleagues. You will be a part of a client-focused team delivering pay to employees in the US and Canada. Our payrolls encompass multiple currencies and are managed in internal systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a wide variety of in-house payroll activities, including ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance of our payroll processes. You will assume responsibility for computing wage payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions and ensuring compliance in tax withholding and filing obligations.
Our position requires a highly organized, responsive, and flexible person that has the ability to handle multiple projects while producing accurate and deadline driven results.
We'll trust you to:
- Assist with the production of the US semi-monthly multi-state payroll (~14,000 employees) and Canada semi-monthly payroll (~80 employees)
- Review and audit payroll for accuracy, ensuring that payroll related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies
- Respond to employee and inter-departmental inquiries
- Develop and continuously improve efficient operating procedures
- Coordinate employee termination payments in accordance with state regulations
- Audit the population of employees on visas and update the payroll system accordingly
- Review and resolve all errors on the payroll integration daily
- Assist in the coordination of year-end processing and special projects
- Establish relationships and collaborate with internal and external business partners and vendors
- Leverage the Agile Scrum methodology to organize and prioritize your workload and coordinate projects and interrupts
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of payroll experience is required at a multi-state company of at least 5,000 employees
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related discipline is required
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, specifically VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables
- Strong working knowledge of payroll practices, auditing and procedures
- Understanding of multi-state taxation and the taxation of non-resident employees on visas
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven intellectual curiosity through professional training, advanced degree or professional impact
- Ability to research and resolve inquiries, seek solutions and follow through on complex tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintain and build a high level of customer service with employees and internal stakeholders
We'd love to see:
- FPC or CPP credential
- Experience using PeopleSoft and Workday
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, please have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 110,000 USD Annually + Benefits