U.S. Payroll Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Oct 15, 2020 - Requisition No. 86677
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance. Started in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people, and ideas – accurately delivering business and financial information, news, and insights to customers around the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen, and are customer service driven. Our colleagues internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other’s creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the role:
We're looking for an experienced Payroll Analyst to join our U.S. Payroll team. You'll be responsible for ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance of our US payroll processes. You'll have responsibility for calculating wage payments, ensuring tax compliance and researching and resolving data issues. The position requires a highly organized, responsive, and flexible candidate that has the ability to handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce US semi-monthly, the multi-state payroll for over 11,500 employees
- Ensure compliance with tax withholding at the federal, state and local levels
- Calculate payroll and ensure that the transactions are processed in compliance with company policy
- Process employee termination payments in compliance with state regulations
- Processing new hire payments, including calculating retro pay and applying visa taxation
- Assist with processing of Workday Time and Attendance
- Respond to payroll inquiries and resolve discrepancies
- Work on special projects as needed
- Assist in the coordination of year-end processing
- Ability to work in a fast paced, customer focused environment
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years relative payroll or accounting experience with a large company, CPP preferred
- Experience using PeopleSoft and ADP Smart Compliance
- Strong knowledge of payroll practices and auditing
- Understanding of multi-state taxation, multi-company payroll and taxation of non-resident employees on visas required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to research and resolve inquiries, and seek solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work closely within a global team
- Strong Excel skills, V-lookup and pivot tables
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you for next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.