New York, NY
Posted May 2, 2019 - Requisition No. 74930
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance. Started in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people, and ideas – accurately delivering business and financial information, news, and insights to customers around the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our colleagues internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other’s creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the role:
We're looking for an expert Payroll Analyst to join our New York Payroll team. You'll be responsible for performing a wide variety of payroll activities, including ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance of our payroll processes. You'll have full responsibility for preparation and auditing Payroll, researching and resolving data issues and ensuring tax compliance, you'll naturally be a highly organized, responsive and flexible person with the ability to handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results.
We'll trust you to:
- Assist with production of US semi-monthly, multi-state payroll
- Review and audit payroll for accuracy, ensuring that payroll related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies
- Assist with processing Time and Attendance
- Field and respond to payroll inquiries and resolve discrepancies
- Assist with international expat operations
- Work on special projects as needed
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years relative payroll/payroll tax experience
- Strong knowledge of payroll practices and auditing
- Experience using PeopleSoft (preferred)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to research and resolve inquiries, and seek solutions while providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work closely within a team
- Strong Excel skills (VLookups & Pivot tables)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.