Payroll Manager – Americas
New York, NY
Posted Aug 31, 2021 - Requisition No. 93788
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance. Started in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people, and ideas – accurately delivering business and financial information, news, and insights to customers around the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our colleagues internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other’s creative ideas to remain first-class.
We are looking for an Americas Payroll Manager. You will lead a client-focused team delivering pay to employees in the US, Canada and Latin America. Our payrolls are run in multiple currencies through both internal systems and third party vendors.
You'll take a strategic lead for all Americas regional payroll operations, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance through the research, development and administration of efficient payroll policies and operating procedures. You will be frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought.
You're an experienced Payroll Manager who is innovative, quick-thinking and effective. You have a strong work ethic and can motivate others through your vision, initiative, energy and self-confidence! You don't settle for the status quo; instead, continuously challenging yourself and others. You possess a strong intellect that is combined with a practical and realistic common sense understanding of how to get things done.
We'll trust you to:
- Oversee payroll operations for the Americas region and provide an escalation point for client specific issues, while providing excellent customer service
- Manage, mentor and evaluate performance of a payroll team while supporting their ongoing development and training
- Work with international contacts and payroll vendors to run payroll in Latin America and Canada, and collaborate and establish relationships with business partners, human resource relationship managers, compensation, staffing and line of business clients
- Ensure compliance, best practices and proper controls while meeting metrics targets and high accuracy rates
- Partner with payroll peers and external vendors to ensure systems provide compliant reporting and accurate payments to employees
- 10+ years of hands-on, in-house Payroll Management experience directly running multiple and diverse groups within a payroll or accounting organization
- Strong multistate tax and payroll compliance experience
- Prior people management skills including the ability to develop individuals and lead multiple priorities
- Strong PeopleSoft knowledge and controls experience, including an up-to-date appreciation for technology and information products within the Payroll and Accounting industry
- Demonstrated ability to drive system and process improvements and lead projects, and execute according to defined timelines
- Strong ability to build partnerships, listen to customers, and develop practical, supportable, and efficient solutions to meet customer needs
You'll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.