Your friends all know you as someone that is very collaborative, highly analytical, and a problem solver. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, you find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You're naturally curious and analytical by nature and love building stories to give context to your data.
As the Manager for People Analytics & Reporting you will lead a team of analysts supporting Bloomberg's HR Enterprise team. Our team works in partnership across HR centers of excellence and business units to design, and implement reports and analysis that create transparency, and provide strategic insights that "tell the story" about human capital at Bloomberg.
You will build, automate and take ownership of report development and through close partnerships with key stakeholders you will drive business and process improvements.
We'll Trust you to:
- Collaborate with individuals in Enterprise HR, Engineering, Business Planning/ Reporting to develop value-add analyses / insights and provide advisory services in support of business objectives, planning and executive review
- Develop a deep understanding of the department, including operational details, processes and systems for each business unit, including business priorities
- Work in close partnership with the Human Resources Business Partners to understand the needs of the business and create new opportunities to maximise the value from People Analytics & Reporting
- Develop creative analyses and processes that support efficient operations and strategic objectives of departments within the Human Resources organization (e.g. Recruiting, Talent and Diversity & Inclusion initiatives).
- Deliver and communicate to business management relevant reporting packages, including performance / results / metrics and analysis in a timely and consistent manner
- Prepare operational dashboards and other presentations for leadership, both on a regularly scheduled and ad hoc basis
- Identify, communicate and handle risks and opportunities
- Build and monitor monthly reporting, meeting all monthly deadlines on a consistent basis; and handling monthly processes
- Establish and execute controls; ensuring compliance with applicable internal and external policies
- Streamline workflows/processes to craft efficiencies and actively develop ways to improve reporting, analysis and operational support
- Evaluate industry developments, market trends, and news to resolve impacts to conduct in-depth industry benchmarking, company and market trend research, and peer analysis
- Coach, develop and strengthen the skills of your team while delegating and reviewing work
You'll need to have:
- Significant experience in data, reporting, analytics and strategy
- Comfort in influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- A can-do strategic approach strategic with sound commercial acumen, and confidence to challenge senior leaders
- Proven experience partnering with teams to drive critical outcomes
- Demonstrated experience working in a dynamic, matrixed organization with executive exposure
- Superior analytical, quantitative and modeling skills
- Proactive self-starter; demonstrated experience as an independent team leader with clear ownership and accountability for the business unit they support
- Proven ability to develop and manage projects or process change
- Team player with ability to deal with changing priorities
- The ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting require deadlines
- Ability to recruit, retain and motivate a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 10 years related experience
- Strong data management skills (database, systems and tools) and Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in Workday or similar human capital management systems
- Experience in operational and technical strategy design for a customer or people support function
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg Terminal
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match. We''ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.