People Analytics Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Jul 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 75854
Your friends all know you as someone that is very collaborative, highly analytical, and a problem solver. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you. You find the perfect balance between professional and personable. You're naturally curious, analytical by nature and love building stories to give context to your data.
Our People Analytics team is responsible for providing high quality data, reports and analytics to deliver key people insights to our business. Our insights drive evidence-based decision-making about people, and provide in depth understanding about the careers of our employees and the needs of our business.
As the People Analytics Specialist you’ll collaborate closely with teammates throughout HR, as well as leaders of multiple cross-functional departments, gleaning meaningful stories from Bloomberg's workforce data. Through your analytical ingenuity we will optimize recruiting and HR efforts, as well as the employee experience.
We'll Trust you to:
- Lead and support development, collection, analysis, and transformation of workforce data, using databases, queries, and other statistical tools
- Maintain strong working relationships across HR, Engineering, Business Planning / Reporting to develop value-add analyses / insights and provide advisory services in support of business objectives, planning and executive review
- Work closely with the HR Organization to understand the needs of the business and build new opportunities to maximize the value from analytics & reporting
- Deliver and communicate to business management relevant reporting packages, including performance / results / metrics and analysis in a timely and consistent manner
- Manage ad hoc requests and provide day to day reporting and analytics support to HR Business Partners, Leadership and business clients
- Streamline workflows/processes to craft efficiencies and actively develop ways to improve reporting, analysis and operational support
- Evaluate industry developments, market trends, and news to resolve impacts to conduct in-depth industry benchmarking, company and market trend research, and peer analysis
- Ensure prioritization and timely delivery of requests, data accuracy and consistency
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years experience in Advanced Analytics
- Significant experience with SQL or Python with the ability to write ad-hoc and complex queries to perform data analysis)
- 2+ years in QlikSense development or other data visualization techniques and tools
- Experience generating insights from analysis of multiple data sources
- A proven ability to translate data analysis and research findings into easy-to-understand, actionable recommendations for teammates of various levels, in different departments
- Demonstrated experience presenting analysis and recommendations to senior leadership
- Acute attention to detail
- A self-starter approach, with an enthusiastic team spirit and strong collaboration skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Industrial/Organization Psychology (disciplines with substantial scientific and quantitative training preferred)
We'd love to see:
SAP BW experience a major plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime watch this proud reminder of our purpose: https://vimeo.com/263526877
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.