People Data Analytics Specialist
New York, NY
Posted May 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 90922
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Your friends all know you as someone that is very collaborative, highly analytical, and a problem solver. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you. You find the perfect balance between professional and personable. You're naturally curious, analytical by nature and love building stories to give context to your data.
Our People Analytics team is responsible for delivering high quality data and key people analytics/reports to our business. By providing a detailed, in-depth understanding of our employees through the lens of overall business goals, our insights drive evidence-based decisions that directly impacts Bloomberg's people strategy.
As the People Analytics Specialist, you’ll collaborate closely across HR, Engineering, and cross-functional business leaders to 'tell a story' using Bloomberg's workforce data. Through your analytical resourcefulness and creativity, you will optimize recruiting and HR efforts, ultimately enhancing the employee experience.
We'll Trust you to:
- Lead and support the development, collection, analysis, and transformation of workforce data by using databases, queries, and other statistical tools
- Develop value-add analyses and insights to provide advisory services in support of business objectives, planning and executive review
- Work closely across HR to understand business needs and goals while proactively building opportunities to maximize the value of people analytics & reporting
- Deliver timely, relevant, and consistent reporting packages to business management, including performance, results, and metrics
- Lead ad hoc requests and provide day to day reporting and analytics support to HR Business Partners, HR Leadership and key business partners
- Streamline workflows and processes to craft efficiencies and actively develop ways to improve reporting, analysis and operational support
- Evaluate industry market trends to identify innovative ways to conduct in-depth industry benchmarking, company and market trend research, and peer analysis
- Ensure prioritization and timely delivery of requests, data accuracy and consistency
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in Advanced Analytics
- Strong experience using Tableau or QlikSense development techniques (or similar data visualization tools)
- Hands-on experience using SQL or Python to write sophisticated queries
- Experience generating insights from analysis of multiple data sources, including sensitive data
- Proven experience translating complex data analysis into easy-to-understand stories and communicating impactful recommendations for business partners and senior leadership across departments
- Acute attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate future needs
- A self-starter approach with team spirit the ability to thrive independently as well as collaborate effectively
We'd Love to See:
- Experience within a People Analytics function
- SAP BW experience
- A Bachelor's degree in an applicable field such as Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or other subject areas with substantial scientific and quantitative training
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.