Bloomberg’s market data is the foundation of the world’s financial systems and brings transparency to financial markets. The real-time distribution platform is the conduit from Bloomberg to our clients that ensures our data is disseminated quickly, accurately, and reliably.
Our platform delivers over one trillion ticks of market data every day, and within milliseconds. We deliver data globally, with thousands servers in hundreds of countries across the world, to many diverse operating environments, from bare metal to virtualized. Our team works hard to ensure that our software runs optimally for every client, no matter their needs, location, or technical requirements.
The real-time market data business is rapidly growing, and our team is focused on improving our service. Join us as we develop systems for benchmarking, automation, testing, and managing middleware at scale, so that our platform can continue to push the envelope of performance to support our ever-increasing client demand.
We’ll trust you to:
- Create effective measurements of availability, latency, and data quality across the infrastructure
- Create performance tests and benchmarks for core components of the platform
- Develop infrastructure and tools for automating our production environment
- Measure and manage the capacity of our production installation
- Help us define and meet service level objectives for our clients
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience with Python and/or shell script
- Experience working with and optimizing the performance of infrastructure and middleware at scale
- Familiarity with industry standard tools for collection of data across distributed systems, such as Splunk, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
- Curiosity and relentlessness when encountering complex problems with no obvious cause or solution
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience and competence with C++
- Knowledge of network performance, protocols, and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience tuning the performance of market data distribution systems on industry standard hardware profiles