New York, NY
Posted Jan 9, 2020 - Requisition No. 80632
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients-and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg LP is seeking an Engineer to join the Performance Engineering team in the Enterprise Technology Services department. The ideal candidate will have experience with electronic trading and connectivity service tools, including analysis, documentation, and general project management skills. It is also preferred that the candidate have experience with co-location, order management, web services/GUIs, FIX protocol, application monitoring, and customer support operations.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Develop project plans and supporting materials, including quantitative research and communications, and track progress towards project goals
- All aspects of business analysis, project management, including gap analysis, end-state design, requirements gathering, scope management, testing and deployment support.
- Work with the Technical Operations team to analyze and automate performance reporting (using html graphical web interfaces) to highlight hotspots and trends, and develop processes/tools needed to mitigate customer impact
- Review and analyze the technical performance of Bloomberg systems and customer-facing support and develop ideas to improve service reliability and quality
- Develop strategies and tools to assist production support teams, including writing technical specifications, and oversee engineering development and tool rollout
You’ll Need To Have:
- 3+ years of experience in financial services IT, including experience supporting an enterprise-wide trading environment; managing transactional flow environments; hardware and application architecture; application development, configuration, and monitoring;
- Computer engineering or related degree; post-graduate preferred
- Ability to organize and communicate information to a wide variety of audiences, including strong written, verbal, visual, and quantitative skills
- A successful track record of delivering high-quality, complex technical solutions on time and on budget
- Critical thinking skills and creativity to solve problems, prioritize work, and maintain flexibility
- Prior experience with GUI rationalization especially with reporting tools
- Excellent working knowledge of FIX protocol
- Excellent industry experience with UNIX/Linux system administration;
- Experience in either Perl/Python/Korn with SQL scripting skills
- Experience working with customer support, back-end development, and communications teams, and with individuals with a wide variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Practical experience with MySQL, Apache Tomcat Http server
- Good understanding of the equities and/or Futures/options businesses
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.