Platform Growth Associate/Manager
New York, NY
Posted Aug 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 106760
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning TV, digital, print, radio and live events across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg New Economy, our rapidly growing consumer subscription business, and much more.
The Video and Audio Team’s mission is to grow revenue and audience for Bloomberg Media’s multimedia offerings, including its television networks, digital video content, podcasts, and radio stations.
Our team is focused on four key areas: managing our relationships with the major traditional and digital distribution platforms, growing our streaming and social audience and revenue, developing advertising revenue and technology partnerships, and producing original content for streaming services and TV networks.
We collaborate with many teams as part of the day-to-day execution of our initiatives, including Marketing, Sales, Ad Operations, Editorial, Product, Finance, Legal, and Engineering.
The Platform Growth Associate/Manager will be focused on helping grow the audience and engagement for our two television networks, Quicktake and Bloomberg TV+ on streaming, social, and traditional distribution platforms. This person will also help run the day-to-day growth activities across all of the team’s partnerships as needed, including our strategic podcast relationship with iHeartMedia and making sure our content partnerships are successfully supported across the Bloomberg Media ecosystem.
The role will require close coordination with several teams, including Performance Marketing, Content Marketing, Ad Platforms & Operations, and Product, in order to set and meet our business objectives and serve as the internal advocate for our partners.
- Execute day-to-day growth activities across our streaming partners such as Samsung TV Plus, The Roku Channel, the News app on Amazon Fire TV and Tablet, and LG Channels
- Communicate content and promotional schedule on a proactive basis to partners; provide creative assets to partners, optimizing creative and tactics based on performance
- Collaborate with performance marketing team to build and optimize paid media strategy on partner platforms
- Ensure editorial and content marketing are creating robust metadata that flows through to partner EPGs to properly track content engagement performance
- Work with consumer and content marketing to ensure growth activities are aligned with broader strategy and messaging
- Support the Head of Platform Growth & Operations on various monetization and operational initiatives
- Establish and implement detailed and regular partner reports on audience and engagement to internal stakeholders
- 1+ years experience in Partner Management, Partnership Marketing, or Media, preferably with a streaming video focus or at a traditional media company
- Excellent written and communication skills, including poise and professionalism
- Demonstrated passion and interest for the media and entertainment industry and its rapid digital transformation
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creativity with the hunger and motivation to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and bring timely resolution to issues
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help out even when it’s not in your job description
- Bachelor’s degree
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply! We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).