Podcast Audience Development Director
New York, NY
Posted Nov 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 121848
In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to reinventing live events.
Bloomberg is expanding its audio offerings and looking for an experienced marketing producer to work across the Bloomberg portfolio on its slate of podcasts, including an ambitious daily podcast focused on the economy, the world, and enterprise business news. The Marketing Producer will work on this show in collaboration with a larger audio team and alongside reporters and editors in Bloomberg’s wider newsroom. They will work under the guidance of the Head of Podcasts.
- Oversees marketing strategy for Bloomberg’s daily podcast franchise, and all other podcasts on the slate (with opportunity for support)
- Creative director and operations manager across Bloomberg podcast marketing campaigns and strategies
- Creates and manages launch plans for shows across platforms
- Creates and manages always-on marketing strategies and campaigns for existing portfolio across platforms
- First priority will be establishing the strategy for Bloomberg’s daily podcast in partnership with the Executive Producer, Senior producers and the wider Bloomberg newsroom
- Help script and creative direct marketing assets include :30, :60, trailers (scripts, recordings, and edits to fruition)
- Organize and execute promo swaps with other podcast networks and internal slate
- Work in collaboration with a design team for art assets
- Collaborate with social team for video assets
- Lead liaison with Bloomberg newsroom on distribution strategy across website, radio, TV and social
- Work with Head of Podcasts on plan to grow the marketing team and resources
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have a demonstrated track record in growing audience and engagement in podcasts
- Experience in a newsroom environment or on projects with rigorous journalistic ethics.
- Demonstrated interest in covering business news
- This show is produced using Descript, Audition, Trello and Google Docs. Proficiency in editing software and Headliner
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 150,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus