Pre-Sales Engineer - Connectivity & Integration Solutions
New York, NY
Posted Sep 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 70170
Bloomberg's CIS (Connectivity and Integration Solutions) business is responsible for the technical integration between client/vendor systems and the world-class suite of Bloomberg products. The business continues to see rapid growth with a high demand from clients wishing to leverage our technology products for Enterprise Integration and the Professional Services for work-flow design, implementation and service. Typical integration sales can include the use of batch SFTP processes and real-time XML and FIX messaging. Our middleware handles such protocols as MQ, FIX, TCP/IP, FTP, and SWIFT between the customer and Bloomberg. Allowing clients to out-source their technology and connectivity responsibility is what we do.
What's the role?
As a CIS Pre-Sales Engineer you will be tasked to strengthen and grow our business within the Americas region. You'll join our global team, responsible for strategy, prospecting, pipelining, lead generation and referrals. Additionally you will help to drive the direction of our products collaborating closely with Business Managers and Engineers based on client feedback, market research and conditions. While you should be comfortable with technology in general, coding skills/data transforms/setting up infrastructure are not part of the role requirements.
This role will specifically be with sell-side clients and interface internally with colleagues in Terminal Sales, Global Markets and others teams. Get ready to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of the Capital Markets integration industry. In addition you should have a very good understanding of sell-side work flows including decision support, execution, position management, middle office and settlements.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with Account Management in our sell-side businesses to close new business with our existing client base and prospecting new clients
- Develop and manage key customer relationships with decision makers and other key individuals with influence to maximize sales opportunities
- Achieve sales targets and metrics in both individual and collaborative sales
- Coordinate the full enterprise sales process from identifying leads to closing them
- Respond to RFP's, building Statements of Work (SOW) and creating formal sales proposals
- Understand competitors or alternatives and successfully position our products advantages
You'll need to have:
- Experience in sales / business development with a proven ability to meet and exceed targets
- Solid understanding of the trading technologies used in the capital markets industry
- Highly proactive and confident in sales approach and strategy
- Broad asset class coverage understanding
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel in the US and Canada
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.