New York, NY
Posted Jun 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 91258
Who we are:
Bloomberg's Enterprise Technology business is responsible for developing custom system integration solutions between client/vendor systems and Bloomberg product offerings. The business continues to see rapid growth with a high demand from clients wishing to use our technical products and services for Enterprise Integration, Technical Delivery and Automated work-flow design. Typical pre-sales can include the use of a variety of different technologies, including but not limited to web services, MQ, SWIFT and FIX messaging and batch file transfers between systems. We allow capital markets clients to outsource their technology needs to Bloomberg in order to design and support their automated workflows.
What's the role?
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you will be tasked to strengthen and grow our business within the Americas region. You'll join our team, responsible for technical strategy, consultation, multi-product workflow design and assisting traditional sales teams to engage with technology teams within Bloomberg's client base. Additionally, you will help to drive the direction of our products, collaborating closely with Business Managers, Product Managers and Engineers based on client feedback, market research and conditions.
You should be familiar with MQ, FIX, iPaaS/Middleware and Web API technologies including the merits and demerits of each. While we require some level of technical experience, solution implementation and setting up infrastructure are not part of the role requirements. This role will interface internally with colleagues across a variety of sales teams within Bloomberg. Get ready to demonstrate credibility with a shown competency and knowledge of technology driving the capital markets industry.
In addition, you should have a good understanding of sell-side workflows, including decision support, execution, position management, middle office and settlements.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with Account Management in our sell-side businesses to further multi-product technical engagements and help drive new business with our existing client base and prospecting new clients
- Develop and manage key customer relationships with technical decision makers and other key individuals with influence to maximize sales opportunities
- Coordinate the full enterprise sales process across a variety of different business units
- Respond to RFP's, build Statements of Work (SOW) and craft formal sales proposals
- Understand technology, competitors or alternatives and successfully position our products’ advantages
You'll need to have:
- A technology background, with experience across: FIX, XML, MQ , Web API’s, Data Transformation
- Capital Markets knowledge with basic understanding of buy & sell-side order management workflows
- Solid understanding of the trading technologies used in the capital markets industry
- Highly proactive approach and confidence in sales approach and strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.