Pricing & Inventory Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jan 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 113376
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing extraordinary support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
We’re seeking a Pricing & Inventory Analyst to join Bloomberg’s Global Pricing and Inventory Team. You will work across all of our media assets including Digital, TV, Social, Audio, and Print. You’ll be responsible for enhancing our inventory to ensure we are properly and effectively monetizing our advertising assets through data-driven strategic analyses, while having the ability to effectively translate and adjust to sales and operational needs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate with sales, planning and campaign management and ad operations on deal packaging, pricing and approval to help meet client needs while ensuring that we are maximizing yield
- Be deeply immersed in the inventory, pricing and revenue data; fluent at translating that data to many different groups; and quick to understand the story within the data to take action
- Identify inventory trends and develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports and models to expose inventory risks and revenue opportunities
- Adjust pricing in reaction to sell-through levels to assure we are meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Manage the product catalogs and rate cards across all platforms
- Help manage relationships with vendors/partners who provide business intelligence tools
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience within Digital ad sales including Display/Video, OTT/CTV, Linear TV, Print, Social and Audio/Podcasting
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Relevant and proven experience in advertising, media or finance with a strong background in either Digital or TV
- Data-driven with strong mathematical and analytical background
- Expertise in using Microsoft Excel, specifically with power pivot and power query functions
- An ability to extract and manipulate a variety of data for all groups across the organization
- High attention to detail and comfort with large amounts of raw data
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Google Ad Manager (GAM), Operative and Yield Analytics a plus
- Strong communication skills – oral, written, interpersonal
- Ability to multitask and work with multiple teams
- Excellent organizational and project-management skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 75,000 - 100,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus