Pricing Technical Account Manager
New York, NY
Posted May 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 103128
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Content Acquisition & Business Management team (CABM) is an integral part of the Data department. We lead the governance, cost, and quality of the data we acquire, and we collaborate with the wider company to develop our data acquisition strategies ensuring we are aligning with the agendas of our key partners.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Technical Account manager, based in the New York office. Your role will be vital in supporting new and existing content partners; you will be handling incoming queries and technical issues, as well as proactively working with our partners to ensure their OTC pricing content is delivered in an accurate, timely and effective manner. To do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges and offer outstanding support to them. You will work closely with other business areas to set company strategy around contributed content and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it.
We'll trust you to:
- Offer outstanding service to our content partners by using your deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with content partners
- Collaborate with our team of motivated account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers and product managers to better understand our clients' data needs and develop your account strategy
- Optimize data ingestion workflows and improve data quality, by understanding the data contribution infrastructure internally and externally
- Become a true domain expert in OTC pricing data, by using business intelligence tools to spot trends, identify gaps and areas for data acquisition or enhancements
You'll need to have:
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple client queries and projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle and support key accounts, helping them maintain and improve custom systems related to content dissemination
- Confidence to lead strategic technical and business relationships
- Drive and passion to develop your own ideas and strategies for your accounts
- Good interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with customers
- A proactive demeanor with the confidence to challenge the status quo and a real desire to improve practices and processes
- Fluent knowledge of English
- Keen interest and understanding of financial markets
- Experience in finding technical solutions to help automate or improve our content partners’ data workflows and find efficiencies, for example improving data creation and distribution capabilities
- Experience in using business intelligence to identify gaps and trends, or opportunities for product enhancements
- Experience managing and supporting tier 1 sell-side accounts and central banks
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Experience in data analytics tools; business intelligence tools or similar
- Interest in or experience of using data analytical tools to find opportunities for product and content improvements
- Prior experience working as an Account Manager in a tech-focused organization
- Experience with building technology solutions for Enterprise workflow efficiency
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org