Principal Network Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Jan 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 113175
Bloomberg’s Network Engineering team architects, designs, builds, and automates the global network which supports Bloomberg’s products and services. Our network connects multiple large-scale Data Centers and over a hundred edge sites including Internet exchange points that connect Bloomberg to our hundreds of thousands of clients around the world and over 1,500 global exchanges and trading venues.
Senior Engineers on our team also contributes to industry standards by collaborating with competing networking players within the industry by developing solutions to challenges facing our area.
What's in it for you:
Join the Network Engineering team responsible for one of the largest global and most critical networks in Finance. Work with talented colleagues on challenging and complex projects that pushes the limits of networking. You’ll enjoy this team if you like working in a highly collaborative environment with a focus on being entrepreneurial, agile and responsive. You’ll have a huge impact and build with the best technology behind you as we partner to evolve Bloomberg’s network infrastructure to keep up with unprecedented growth in market and data volumes.
We'll trust you to:
- Use your expertise to Architect, Design and Implement network technologies at scale. You’ll develop design patterns and select appropriate technologies, prove solutions in lab environments, and work on building network automation. You’ll work with our Network Operations team to plan and manage our capacity, provide full visibility into the health of the network, and respond and resolve critical production network incidents.
Be a leader in defining network technology throughout our business and the industry. Bring your deep knowledge of our problem space and help articulate where we need networking technology to evolve to stay ahead of our growing needs. Collaborate with Engineering groups within Bloomberg using our network to make the best possible use of our technology capabilities.
You need to have:
- 4+ years of engineering experience in an infrastructure role
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Deep knowledge and understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols.
- Experience with provisioning and managing large scale networks using network automation
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of critical issues and conclude them to resolution
We'd love to see:
- Hands on experience with Ansible
- Experience managing and automating network devices such as Arista, Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto, Ciena, F5.
- An interest in open source and network automation frameworks and tools such as Ansible
- Software development experience in high-level languages such as Python
- Hands-on experience with dis-aggregation model of white box with NOS
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and mentor others
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 130,000 - 225,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus